Why Use the PCBS?
The PCBS is designed to assist screening police candidates in several ways:
- Identifies high risk candidates
- Measure/quantify work-style, and other work-related behavior patterns
- Identifies red-flag areas for a background investigator to check
- Identifies work-style and behavior areas for a clinical psychologist to evaluate
- Provides important information as early as possible in the screening process
The PCBS helps background investigators be more effective, allows police departments to compare their candidates with other candidates nationwide, and helps avoid wrongful hiring lawsuits.