Why Use the DT-HSM?
- Provides systematic, standard information about each student
- Assesses students' deficits that a teacher might not have noticed yet
- Promotes consistency and fairness in student evaluation
- Allows evaluation of progress of grades/classes over time
- Costs much less than other methods of evaluation
- Is group administered, saving testing time
- Is computer scored, saving teacher time
- Contains only 60 questions
- May be administered in 90 minutes
- Provides 20 diagnostic scores for each student
- Provides class and school summaries
- Is professionally developed, validated, and graded
- Has fast grading (typically within one week).
Each student is provided with a diagnostic profile. Class and school summaries are provided.
The DT-HSM provides specific diagnostic information giving the teachers critical information needed to develop teaching plans to raise statewide math test scores and maximize success in future math courses.