The PWS has forced-choice (choose the phrase that is most/least like you) questions. It yields a score in the following areas:
- Ascendancy - Has self-confidence, speaks up in groups, influences/leads others.
- Responsibility - Reliable in doing work, thorough, timely in completing assignments, willing to complete routine/boring tasks.
- Stability - Behavior is consistent from day-to-day despite lack of success/frustration.
- Sociability- Meets and socializes with others easily, has/keeps friends.
- Cautiousness - Not impulsive or thrill-seeking.
- Originality - Likes job tasks that require thought, likes to learn, flexible in approaches to work.
- Patience/Tolerance - Does not take offense easily, trusts others, does not get angry easily.
- Team Personal Relations - Respects others, helps others at work, likes to work as a member of a team, works well with others.
- Energy/Activity Level - Works hard and fast.
- Usually Favorable Response Scale - Number of extremely favorable responses.
The PWS was designed to make it hard for candidates to fake.